You’ve worked hard. You’re successful. Yet something inside is beginning to shift. You’re starting to think about what’s next in your life. You’re wondering if there’s not something different for you out there. You just don’t know what it is or where to start! Or perhaps, you’re moving so fast that these thoughts never make it to the surface!
These are sentiments I often hear from professional women! After all, woman often balance it all – from life to home to family! And usually, it’s their self-care that gets left unattended. Everyone and everything else comes first. However, just below the surface lies the question, “what does my next chapter look like?”
In hopes of learning what’s top-of-mind for women as they think about their next chapter, I launched a survey this month. Results are still coming in (the survey will remain open until July 31, 2012), but I have found some of the early results fascinating!
For example, thirty-three percent of the respondents indicated that they will move into their “Next Chapter” this year! Thirty-six percent indicated the change was coming within the next 1-3 years. That’s seventy percent of the respondents taking new directions in their lives in the next 3 years!
I can philosophize on what’s driving this change. After all, I am one of those women who transitioned from a life of a traveling executive to one aligned to my real purpose. I remember when things started to shift inside. Something was asking, “Is this really it?” I’m thankful those pivotal moments showed up to redirect my path. My coaching practice is built around creating these pivotal moments for my clients – and I love watching new directions unfold.
From presidents and CEOs, to sales and marketing executives to stay-at-home moms – the survey respondents shared that family and friends were some of the most positive things in their life. When the women described the changes they wanted to make, their answers varied widely, but included things such as:
- Reserve time for fun and creativity
- Know my ‘passion’ and be able to live that ‘passion’
- Focus on those things that inspire me and move away from the things that weigh me down
- Travel more
- Start writing again
- Find a new job
- Eat healthier and become more physically fit and active
- More time for me
Oftentimes, merely stopping and asking yourself, “What would I like to change?” is the pivotal moment that starts the change! In fact, over and over again, I got quick notes saying “Thank You! I learned some things just by going through the survey.” Another shared “Perfect timing for me – thank you for allowing me to speak my intentions!” What a nice added bonus! The mere process of thinking about what they want to manifest, and what they can do today to make that change, started movement for many of these women!
I’m on a mission to help successful women stop and reconnect to their inner wonder. I’m on a mission to help these women launch their Next Chapter in Life – a chapter grounded in values, passions and dreams. If you’re a woman who is starting to hear those “What’s next” callings, there are several ways you can kick-start your own journey.
- If you’re a professional woman thinking about your next chapter, I invite you to take the You Version 2.0 – Discovering your Next Chapter 15 minute online survey. As a participant, you’ll receive a copy of the final report – which will share what other successful women are thinking about when it comes to “what’s next in their lives!”
- Sign up for my FREE 2-Part Your Best Year Ever Teleseminar class on July 25 and August 1. You will discover the keys to setting and achieving the goals you really want in your life. Register
- Join our Women, Horses and Yoga Retreat here in Evergreen on July 13-15 (no horse experience required!). Over the course of these 3 incredible days, you will focus solely on you, your passions, and your dreams. Guided by the wisdom of the Syzygy herd of horses, you’ll explore: What do you want to fill your life with? What truly matters? What steps do you need to make to manifest your next chapter? More details
- And as always, I offer a limited number of Complimentary One-on-One Consultations each month. Schedule your own powerful, thought-provoking Consultation online today!
I look forward to co-creating with you and hearing more about what your heart is longing for.